- 4 – Soft Taco Size Flour Tortillas
- 1-1/2 Cups of Leftover Steak, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Cups Shredded cheese or more if you want. You can also use a blend of different cheeses. You want a cheese that melts well. This time I used Cheddar and Queso Blanco (white mexican cheese).
- 1 Cup – Sweet Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup – Cooked Crumbled Bacon
- 2 Tbs – Fired-Up Chipotle Hot Sauce, Divided
- 1/2 Stick – Butter, Divided
- Caramelize the onion with 1/4 of the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Saute until nicely translucent. Stir in 1 Tbs of Fired-Up Chipotle Hot Sauce. These are great on burgers as well! Once they are done, set them aside.
- Warm a large frying pan over medium to medium low heat. Put a small amount of the remaining butter in the pan once it’s heated.
- When the butter is melted, place the 1st tortilla in the pan.
- Immediately put a layer of cheese on one half of the tortilla, next place a layer of Steak, then the onions and bacon. Top it off with more cheese.
- Fold the empty half of the tortilla over the cheese and press down slightly. Spread little butter on top and flip butter side down. Adjust the heat as needed. Once the pan side is nice and brown, flip it again.
- Once both sides are nicely browned, remove it from the pan and keep warm. Repeat the process for the remaining tortillas and ingredients. You can return the 1st quesadillas to the pan for a bit if they cooled too much.
To serve, top with your favorites or eat them plain. Some of our favorites are:
- More Fired-Up Chipotle
- Sour Cream