Chile-head Potato Salad!
About this Recipe:
This recipe takes the ordinary Potato Salad and Kicks it up! We all have family potato salad recipes, so if you don’t like this one, spice up yours with Smokin’ and Blazin’ Mustards!
I don’t like onions, celery or pepper chunks in mine. If you do, go for it! Make this your own!
Adjust the heat level by changing the ratios of the Smokin’ & Blazin’ Mustards. To me, Smokin’ alone wasn’t enough heat. Just adding more would probably be too mustardy (if that’s a word).
- 3 Lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 Tbs Dill Cubes with Juice
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 4-5 Boiled Eggs
- Salt / Pepper to Taste
- 3 Tbs Smokin’ Mustard
- 1 Tbs Blazin’ Mustard
- Peel and cut potatoes in chunks.
Tip: Place peeled / cut potatoes in water after peeling/cutting to keep from turning brown.
- Rinse Potatoes and place in pot and cover with water.
- Add Salt to the water and stir.
Tip: Taste the water to determine if it’s salty enough. If not, add more. Be careful not to get it too salty.
- Bring the pot to a boil. Reduce heat to Medium-Low and let simmer for 10 minutes or so
Tip: Check doneness by piercing a chunk with a fork. The fork should go in easily. But you don’t want the potato to break.
- When the potatoes are done, drain and return to the pot.
- Gently stir in the remaining ingredients. As always, taste along the way and make adjustments to your liking.